How to make awesome time-lapses from RAW photos

Discussion in 'Tips, Guides and Tutorials' started by Bezbod, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Bezbod

Bezbod New Member

Hello guys!

In this post I’ll tell you how to make night time-lapses with SJCAM M20 like this one or that one.

1) Go to «Photo Mode»
    [​IMG]

2) Select in photo settings «RAW» - ON
    [​IMG]

3) Choose necessary exposure time (shutter speed) in photo settings
    [​IMG]

4) Go to the «Photo Lapse» mode
    [​IMG]

5) Choose necessary photo lapse time
    [​IMG]
    6) Start shooting time-lapse photos

Keep in mind that the camera saves photos in JPG and RAW so you may use at least 32gb memory card.

HOW TO EDIT IMAGES AND MAKE TIME-LAPSE
    1) When a shooting of time-lapse photos is finished you have photos in 2 formats: JPG and RAW. Firstly you need to copy all these photos to a computer.

2) Download the converter of RAW files and convert RAW files to DNG via this converter (don’t delete JPG files until the converting is not finished and don’t remove JPG files from the folder with RAW images, they should be all together).

3) After the converting of RAW files to DNG you may delete original RAW and JPG files and start editing DNG files in Adobe Camera Raw or Adobe Lightroom software. You may edit first image and apply (synchronize) the settings to the others in order not to edit all images separately.
    [​IMG]

4) After editing DNG images save them as JPG.
    [​IMG]

5) Final step is to make a video (time-lapse) from the images. You may use Adobe Premiere to do this. When importing the images just choose «Image Sequence» (keep in mind that all images should have sequence number starting from «1»).
    [​IMG]

6) After creating image sequence in Adobe Premiere just add some nice music and export the video (time-lapse) with necessary frame rate. Usually I choose 24 frames per second.
    [​IMG]

7) That’s it! Enjoy the time-lapse!

P.S. subscribe to my Youtube channel to see more time-lapses and other cool videos and tutorials!

P.P.S. some other day I’ll show you how to make spherical (360°) panoramas with SJCAM M20.

Stay tuned [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Niels, TechTronic9000 and sjcam_admin like this.
  2. Thiago_SJCAM_User

Thiago_SJCAM_User New Member

Home Page:
    Thanks for sharing, the subject is deepened in the explanation!

3. Bezbod

Bezbod New Member

My pleasure! By the way, I've just added the pictures to the instruction to make it more clear :)