SJ6 Keeps deleting my whole memory card

Discussion in 'SJ6 LEGEND' started by Danfree, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:42 AM.

1. Danfree

Danfree New Member

Twice now I have pulled my memory card out of the camera and put it in my computer to copy the files from it. Quickly I find all of the data was wiped from it. I know I had lots of footage and I could even see it via the wifi connectivity just yesterday. Now today I put the card in my computer and all the data is gone from it.

This is on the SJ6 camera, shooting video in MOV, Not doing loop recording

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 12:56 AM
    Troy likes this.
  2. Troy

Troy Administrator

Hi Danfree,

Best not to do anything with the card for now until you get a 3rd party data retrieval program (mostly free online), and salvage your files.
    This is common when the card is removed while the camera is still on or is still writing to it. It should be powered off completely before removing it to make sure that the camera is not doing anything with it. This is since action cameras do not have an "eject" or "unmount" command to do so (because it is faster to power it off).
    I hope you get your files back.

T

3. NicSanico

NicSanico New Member

Look at your micro sd card if its a ExFat32 or Fat32. If exfat32 change it to fat32 that mostly solve the problem like cutter size, sometime it record but video cant be viewed or keeps asking to format the sd. Hope this hepls

4. NicSanico

NicSanico New Member

Look at your micro sd card if its a ExFat32 or Fat32. If exfat32 change it to fat32 that mostly solve the problem like cutter size, sometime it record but video cant be viewed or keeps asking to format the sd. Hope this hepls